AERODROME GROUND HANDLER
BARROW ISLAND AERODROME FLY IN/OUT
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – CASUAL
Due to expanding business and successful tenders, AMS is currently seeking persons who are interested in the role of casual Ground Handler, based at Barrow Island.
- Currently we are recruiting for casual staff who will go into a pool where they could be called on at short notice for relief
- Casual position remuneration is $35.00 per hour
Working within the AMS ground handling team to promote and achieve safe, timely and efficient ground handling and airport services at Barrow Island. Duties include coordinating the safe and timely loading and unloading of all passengers, baggage and freight of fixed and rotary wing aircraft, assisting with the overall turnaround of aircraft in accordance with operator schedules, receipt and dispatch of all aircraft landing at Barrow Island, check-in of all outbound and transiting passengers and maintaining vigilant standards and ensure adherence to Quarantine policy and procedures.
- At least 2 years proven experience in an aerodrome role
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of aerodrome ramp operations
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures and work well in unsupervised and in a team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must hold and maintain a current C Class driver’s license (MR/HR desirable)
- A professional attitude and personal presentation standards
- High level of interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of MOS139, CASR and associated aviation operating procedures
- Experience in load control, ramp management and receipt and dispatch of various aircraft types
- Ability to obtain ASIC
- Previous experience in the mining and resource sector would be highly valued
- Proven experience as an Aerodrome Reporting Officer / Work Safety Officer
Applicants must be willing to undergo full medical and be subject to random testing for drugs and alcohol in accordance with Civil Aviation Safety Regulations.
For more information regarding the above positions call Lee Elbrow on 08 9221 6777. Successful candidates will be contacted by phone and an interview time arranged as soon as possible.
AMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage men and women of all ages and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Indigenous people to apply.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this position.
Job Application Form
"*" indicates required fields