PANS-OPS Awareness Workshop
This 2-day PANS-OPS awareness workshop is designed to introduce participants to ICAO PANS-OPS (Procedures for Air Navigation Services – Operations) instrument approach procedures. Participants will gain an understanding of:
- The types of procedures and protection surfaces used in Australian operations,
- How (and why) instrument approach procedures are used, and the operational benefits they provide,
- Introduction to the design process,
- The role of the Part 173 provider in maintaining the procedures,
- Aerodrome operator responsibilities for PANS-OPS surface protection,
- ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices, ICAO documentation and general criteria.
IDS will provide participants with electronic copies of training material and syllabus.
Objectives of the Workshop
This awareness training aims to provide the participant with a level of competence in understanding basic operational and technical aspects of Instrument Flight Procedure design. This will allow aerodrome operational staff to ensure regulatory and safety requirements are addressed.
This course is recommended for…
- Accountable Managers
- Aerodrome Reporting Officers (AROs)
- Works Safety Officers (WSOs)
Course Entry Requirements
We recommend participants satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Operational and/or theoretical experience in aerodrome (airside) operations,
- Geographic Information Systems background or Aeronautical Information Service background, or
- Have relevant experience in aircraft operations (pilot/ATC licence)
Course Fees and Payment
A formalised quote will be provided upon request. As per our Refunds Policy (available on our website), 5 business days notice is required to cancel your seat on this workshop. An invoice will be sent to you on the first day of the workshop, payment will be required within 30 days in accordance with our T&C’s. Credit card payments can be made over the phone on (08) 9221 6777, a 2% CC surcharge applies for credit card payments. Please note AMS reserves the right to withhold certification until full course payment has been made.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Course Completion. This certificate will be issued directly from IDS Australasia.
Course Times, Date and Location
A confirmation letter with joining instructions will be sent to you upon enrolment.
19-20 July 2021 | Perth (08:00-16:30 both days) | Register HERE